Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Sin is Pride

I have had blogs several times in the past and have even been quite consistent in updating them. Recently, however, for the past two to three years, I have had no blogs, no journals, no diaries, etc. I need to write. I have a ton inside that I need to get out.

I struggle with things that never surface. I allow myself to be alone in my trials. I martyr myself without cause. I slow my healing. I am alone, but I am not reaping the benefits of solitude. I think and I process, but I do not know myself. I want to. I want to reflect, to turn inward, to experience my own internal cognitive and emotive processes, but I run from the experience when I feel it get too close. I play games. I distract myself from fruitful solitude. I am terrified of solitude, not of being apart from people, but of being apart from worthless thoughts. What will I find? Will I even reach that point? Can I reach the point? I am terrified of not playing and re-playing every thought. I am terrified of not worrying about tomorrow. I am terrified of turning in my daydreams in exchange for life.

I dread work, but I dread play too. I feel guilty. I am guilty. I don't know why it is so hard for me to do what I should. The hard thing is that even when I am not doing what I should, the "good person" - ness of my life convinces me that I have arrived. Even now, typing this at work, on the clock, I feel guilty, rightly so. But I know that I will still be complemented for being a good employee and sometimes I let that be enough. I am special. I don't need to try harder because I am already good, great even.

I sit in judgment of others and marvel at my own excellence. I am cocky. I am boastful, but only to God and myself. I am proud that I am able to appear humble despite my near perfection. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the energy it takes to compare myself to everyone else. I'm sick of not allowing myself to have friends because I have placed them in a lower class than my own. I don't want to say "it was God" when someone appreciates MY actions. I want to deserve the complement and take it all for myself. I'm jealous of God. What do I do with that??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.